- Kell's Environmental Health and Safety Services can conduct laboratory inspections at your institution. Laboratory inspections would include a written report to be submitted to the Environmental Health and Safety representative at your respective institution. Lab inspections would include any needed corrective actions to insure safety and compliance.
Laboratory Safety Program Evaluations
- Kell's Environmental Health and Safety can evaluate and review 33 components of an effective lab safety program providing a clear path for improvement.
- The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) requires that each laboratory door be posted with an NFPA 704 diamond to indicate the hazards present in the room. Chemical inventories are needed to determine these ratings. Kell's Environmental Health and Safety Services can set up a computerized inventory of all laboratory chemicals at your institution.
Safety Data Sheets
- Kell's Environmental Health and Safety Services can assist your institution comply with the provisions of OSHA 29 CFR Part 1910.1450 - OSHA Laboratory Standard. This standard covers chemical exposure to employees who work in laboratories. Kell's Environmental Health and Safety Services can assist in the development, implementation, and oversight of programs to ensure the safe handling, use, transport, collection, storage, and disposal of chemicals generated by teaching, research, or administrative support services.
- Kell's Environmental Health and Safety Services can provide a one to five day short course on laboratory safety and lab standard compliance.
Chemical Hygiene Services
- OSHA’s Laboratory Standard (OSHA’s Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals in Laboratories – 29 CFR 1910.1450), covers laboratories where chemical manipulation generally involves small amounts of a limited variety of chemicals. One element of the OSHA Laboratory Standard requires Vendors to supply Safety Data Sheets on each chemical to be used by personnel in the laboratory. Kell's Environmental Health and Safety Services will review the chemical inventory for the Principal Investigator and secure any needed Safety Data Sheets to insure compliance and help improve health and safety in the workplace.